Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Early Impact from Automobiles

At the age of 4, "The School Van" is the earliest of the automobile that i can hunt down in my memory. It was a boxy van called as Standard(An early Indian company which no longer exists) which seats 15 but the one i went to School carried about 40. It had a diesel engine which sounded as if a cow or a horse was tortured brutally and and gave out so much of smoke as if a forest had been burnt down to ashes. And in same era, the common Autorickshaws powered by a two stroke engine. Had fun traveling in it except while cornering which gave me a feeling that it would topple since it has only three wheels. And then a steep transition after about two years at the age of 6(In Oman)... Glittering cars... Air Conditioned interiors.. cruising speeds of about 100 to 120Km/hr... exhaust pipes with visually no smoke from it.. I wondered if i was a dream! But I realised it was Quality. Twelve years of exotic cars, buses and trucks. Then voila! I was back to Chennai, the Detroit of India! Amazed at the cars. The quality was instilled in them which lacked at the earlier stages. During the young years of my life, curiosity about the World of Automobile Engineering continuously urged me to focus my career in that field... how does the engine roar?? How does the wheel turn when the steering is rotated?? What is the long shaft spinning under the truck??.... and yes i did with a big smile and a high enthusiasm Venture to do Bachelor's in Automotive Engineering. To learn the evolution and wonders and the depth of the Ocean of this Wonderful Machine on Earth!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, This is a nice blog. I learn more by your blog. I want share information of my business. Brightway is number 1 export company in India. Brightway company export best quality Rotavator, Rotavator Gear Box Single Speed, Rotavator Gear Box Multi Speed, Gear Box, Agriculture spare parts, Tractor Rotavator in India. Visit the online Tractor Rotavator Gear Box Single Speed & Multi Speed | Gear Box Manufacturer | Agriculture spare parts Contact: + 91 9878546522, Phone Number. 0161-4510015.

    ReplyDelete